Turtle Bay Resort is the only resort on the island of O'ahu, Hawaii, where you can enjoy miles and miles of beaches. Our 850 acres of tropical paradise are home to five miles of unspoiled and secluded shoreline. From right outside your hotel room, to a gorgeous one mile stroll, there 's a beach waiting for you to dive into, explore and enjoy some well deserved vitamin sea.
1. Keiki Cove Distance from your hotel room: 0.75 mile, 7-12 minute walk. Keiki is the Hawaiian word for child. This protected little cove is perfect for small children to wade in the ocean. The water is shallow and calm year round. It is located next to the 17th hole of the Palmer Course. Dozens of couples have said "I do" here and the area is one of our popular wedding reception locations.
2. Kings' Walk Distance from your hotel room : 0.25 - 1.5 miles one way, 15 - 25 minute walk. Legend has is that Hawaiian royalty or Ali'i walked these shores, giving this stretch of beach its name. Kings' Walk begins after Kuilima Cove and covers the full distance of the shoreline to the end of our property. The walk is perfect to catch the sunrise with someone special. You may spot a Hawaiian Monk Seal, sea turtles and native Hawaiian plants along the way. Of course, if you get hot along your trek you can always take a dip in the refreshing ocean along the way.
3. Tide Pools Distance from your hotel room : 0.30 mile, 5-10 minute walk. There 's something magical about tidepools. This is another shallow swimming area perfect for little ones to cool off in. You can also explore the tidepools and see if you find hermit crabs, opihi and sea snails.
4. Kuilima Cove Distance from your hotel room: 2 - 5 minute walk Kuilima Cove is located right next to our hotel. It's great for snorkeling and home to several of our sea turtle friends. You can rent a beach cabana or umbrella for the day and take advantage of food service from Roy's Beach House located right on the beach. There is a beach shack here where guests can rent their free snorkeling equipment.
5. Stables Beach Distance from your hotel room: 0.25 mile, 5-10 minute walk. Walk along the coast past our swimming pool and you'll find yourself at Stables Beach. This little cove is protected by lava rocks and the shallow swimming area is great for kids or adults to cool off in. The beach is located near our stables, which is how it gets its name. This cove is also a popular place where couples like to tie the knot and have their wedding reception at. Feel free to say "howdy" to our horse friends while you are there.
6. Hidden Beach Distance from your hotel room: 0.65 miles, 10-15 minute walk. How do you find Hidden Beach? Walk along our trail past the stables. You'll find a sandy shore with a little island off the coast. That's Hidden Beach. This beach is almost always empty. Head out in the morning and you are almost guaranteed to have the place to yourself.
7. Kawela Bay Distance from your hotel room: 1.2 miles, 15-25 minute walk This pristine bay may look familiar when you see it. It has starred in several movies and television shows, including Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Pirates of the Caribbean and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. A short stroll from the sandy shore will lead you to our famous banyan tree, which has also starred on the big and small screen. Kawela is where our Shaka Kayaks Sea - Turtle Tours, surfing lessons and outrigger canoeing adventures take place. If you don't feel like walking to Kawela, you could also see it on our horseback ride tour.
Copyright © Worldwide Wedding and Events - All Rights Reserved